Music mogul Sean Combs, widely known as “Diddy,” is facing a new wave of lawsuits that include serious allegations of sexual assault, including one incident involving a minor. These lawsuits were filed anonymously in Manhattan’s federal court by two women, named as Jane Does, and four men, identified as John Does. The accusations span from 1995 to 2021, adding to Combs’s growing legal troubles.
The lawsuits, filed under the Victims of Gender-Motivated Violence Protection Act, come amid a broader legal campaign. Texas attorney Tony Buzbee, who represents many of the accusers, announced that more than 100 individuals plan to pursue legal action against Combs. “We expect to be filing many more cases over the next several weeks naming Mr. Combs and others as defendants as we continue to gather evidence and prepare the filings,” Buzbee said in a statement on Monday.
One of the most troubling new allegations involves an incident from 1998. An anonymous accuser claims that Combs sexually assaulted him when he was just 16 years old. According to the lawsuit, Combs allegedly fondled the boy’s genitals during one of his well-known white parties in the Hamptons, a popular spot outside New York City. The accuser says that Combs told him such behavior was necessary to break into the music industry, reportedly asking, “Don’t you want to break into the business?”
Also Read:
- Burna Boy Describes Nigeria as “Collateral Damage” in Candid Reflection on Nation’s Challenges
- Wizkid Declares He’s Married, Asks Female Fan to Keep Her Distance
These lawsuits add to a list of civil suits that Combs has faced in recent months, including federal charges for sex trafficking and racketeering. He was arrested last month on allegations that he sexually abused women, coercing them into participating in drug-fueled sex parties through threats and violence. According to prosecutors, Combs had help from a network of employees and associates in these activities.
Since his arrest, Combs has pleaded not guilty to all criminal charges, and a judge has denied him bail, citing concerns about potential witness tampering. His criminal trial is scheduled to begin on May 5, 2025. Prosecutors have indicated that their investigation is ongoing, and additional charges could be brought against Combs.
The latest allegations mark another chapter in Combs’s rapid legal decline. Public scrutiny of the Grammy-winning rapper intensified late last year when singer Cassie, whose real name is Casandra Ventura, accused him of more than a decade of abuse. Her allegations included claims of coercion through physical force and drugs, as well as a rape incident in 2018.